Saturday, June 30, 2007

So cultured



That's right, our kids are so cultured. We went to the Folklife Festival today and enjoyed the heat. Oh, yeah, and we also learned some things about Northern Ireland (the kids loved the bagpipes and playing soccer), and the cultures along the Mekong River (Boo learned a new dance, did a puppet show, and saw some men making a boat from a tree). We treated ourselves to some Thai food, with the kids eating all the spring rolls. We didn't make it to the Jamestown exhibit because we went to check out some dinosaur bones and an elephant with no crack.

5 comments:

teamstowell said...

Sounds like fun, hope the show makes it all the way out to Nashville!

Carrie said...

What the heck is an elephant with no crack? Does he not poo? Sorry! Where's my brain...you gotta be careful with kids...on our drive home from Yosemite, I was telling a story...of a Jackrabbit that was hopping along and hopped into Cow Poo! Ooppsss. The poo talk was hard to stop. Looks like a fun fieldtrip for the kids and adults!

Jules said...

Care--I'm talkiing about the Elephant in the middle of the Natural History Museum. It once had a crack, but I think it grossed everyone out, so it is not anatomically correct anymore. I think potty humor is innate. Little Man giggles when he burps (or the other end). Come on, now.

Haley said...

Hey there! Congrats on the pregnancy. I am completely envious of your pregnancies. I'm finally pulling out of the sickness. I love seeing what you're up to! We'll definitely have to get together when you come to NY.

The Olsons said...

I love the pictures, B. is so big now she looks just like her Mom.