Monday, June 25, 2007
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOO!
Boo turned 4 on Wednesday. She had a fun packed day where all of her requests were met: Chuck E Cheese and a candy necklace.
We hung out with some animals (National Zoo 10:45-3), naps, then picked up S. and went to Chuck E Cheese that evening. She had a magical day in her eyes.
Some of my favorite things about Boo:
1. She will randomly tell me that she loves me, or that I'm a good chef, or that I look beautiful. Who wouldn't want an in-house self-esteem lifter?
2. She is a really good sister to Little Man. I'm so glad she is my oldest, because if I really do have 6 kids she will help SO much. She always says, "He's really cute when...," she "reads" to him, sings to him and helps him do things.
3. Her belly laugh. It's one of those laughs that is contagious--even if you're grumpy.
4. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body.
5. She sings and dances beautifully. She can pick up a song the first time she hears it, and she can sing past a high C.
6. She's goofy--just like me and funny like her dad.
7. She has a great imagination.
8. She is loving to all of her grandparents. It doesn't matter that they can't always interact with her. She is so wonderful whenever we visit--whether in a nursing home with Great-Gma Mc, or in Great-Gma Dixon's home. She sings, and talks, and holds hands. She is not phased by others in the nursing home who are yelling out.
9. She finds joy in the littlest things.
10. Her curly hair, big eyes, and beautiful smile.
Her interests right now: Princess things, fairies, dressing up, High School Musical, Wicked, Seuss, listening to books on CD or having them read to her, swimming, being with cousins and friends, riding her bike, writing, drawing, playing the piano, singing, dancing (she made me pick her up so I could be her partner and in the air she did the splits. She came up with this idea herself), make-up (ahhhh).
We love you, Boo!
Posted by Jules at Monday, June 25, 2007