Tuesday, May 22, 2007

MAAAA MAAAA's Day


When can you officially start celebrating Mother's Day? At church women 18 and up get a flower or chocolate, kids or not (which I think is great, and frankly, I got the best treat when I didn't have kids--a box of Ferrer Rochers at church in Mexico). When I was pregnant with my first, Boo, Mother's Day rolled around. I was huge and 8 months along. My aching back and enormous belly wanted a present. I hinted to S., but he politely and in more words, said, "No." Fine, I agreed, but even if she is born two days after Father's Day--no present for you (say in the Soup Nazi's voice). I wasn't really offended, I was just trying to squeeze a present out of it.

This Mother's Day S. made up for that pre-Mother's Day. Here are some highlights:

1. Breakfast in bed (made with the help of Boo and Little Man)
2. A card from S. and Boo
3. The most amazing necklace from Fire and Ice with S.'s birthstone, Garnet, and Onyx that symbolizes our time in Mexico

4. Boo sang at church with all the kids to ME! (well, SHE sang to me, while playing with her friend's hair and hugging the two friends next to her).
5. Little Man made his singing debut a little early (he was running around on the stage while the older kids were singing--whoops).
6. S. and Dad M. made a delicious dinner for Mom M. and me. (Ribs, corn on the cob, roasted potatoes, garlic green beans, and Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes (well, I made those).
7. I didn't have to do DISHES!!


It's going to be hard to top that! What am I going to do for Father's Day!?!?

I have started this blog because of the nagging to put more about my kids up on my food blog. It's quite funny that I will have two blogs--I used to think they were silly. But, I used to say I would never wear bell-bottoms, and I did, and I loved it. So, stop by every once in a while and see what's happening with our fam.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Yea:) I'm excited to read about your muddy feet! How do you come up with such creative blog names? I LOVE it! I know I was one of your nags...hopefully I wasn't your only nag. While I felt deserving of Mothers Day after I had Ryan, it wasn't until this year I think that it felt really real. He's old enough to actually say it and understand it, so that made this year better than ever.

staceyb said...

Great to see what you guys have been up to. I do turn around every once in a while and miss the heck out of Cville.

Tracie said...

Your blog kicks my blog's booty! You know, the funny thing is, it was your food blog that inspired me to do my family blog. And now you have to do a family blog that kicks my blog's booty. You're just the same, Julie Pooder. Always giving me something to look up to:)

Inspiration Station said...

So cute--the kids playing with S. Sounds like you had a wonderful mother's day too! I look forward to hearing more about your family and of course your flog!

Neana said...

Julie,
Hi! I am so happy to see that you guys are doing good, not that I had any doubts. I'm really sorry to hear about your grandfather. You have my deepest condolences. I WOULD LOVE to hear from you sometimes if you have a free moment please give me a call here are my numbers 434-971-6651(home)434-825-3978(cell). Bella looks SOOO big, Luke too. He looks so much like Sam. I hope to hear from you soon.