Tuesday, September 11, 2007
What I learned at Disney World:
1. It is perfectly acceptable for 55 year old men to wear Mickey Mouse Ears.
2. All Disney characters wear wigs--including those that are just dancers.
3. Ariel is stacked.
4. Disney World is TOO expensive.
5. Every girl can be a princess.
6. Chuck E Cheese is where a kid can be a kid, but Disney World is where an adult can be a kid (a kid that makes money, that is).
7. Disney actors are CHEEEEEEEESY (and this is coming from someone who would LOVE to play Belle on Stage)!
8. Apparently it is cool to go for your honeymoon and wear Minnie ears with a veil.
9. Disney World rides are just a big ad and all the same (the ones you can take kids on, anyway).
10. Why ever go anywhere else in the world when you can see it all at Disney? Safaris, China, Norway, Mexico, England, Germany...it's all just the same at Disney World (I hope you know I am kidding).
We did have a fabulous time--the kids were great on the plane, and we didn't have any breakdowns at the park even though they didn't have naps and we got home late. We ate breakfast with the princesses, met the Little Einsteins, rode TONS of rides, and saw a plethora a shows! Boo's favorite rides were the White Water (she got the wettest both times she went on) and Goofy's Roller Coaster. Little Man wasn't so sure about the roller coaster (he only wanted to ride once--no crying he just said he didn't want to go again), but he loved everything else. Thanks to Disney World, our son has his first sword. He carried that thing everywhere. What are they TEACHING him?
Now, it's back to reality, and on to teaching seminary at 6am. What a shock to the system.
Posted by Jules at Tuesday, September 11, 2007