Friday, May 2, 2008

Tagged again!

I have been putting this off. My long-time friend, Lisa tagged me a couple weeks ago, and I am just getting around to it. Lisa is one of those people who never went through an awkward stage. I always looked up to her for her amazing voice and beauty (and we met when we were around 11). She lived with us for a year when we were in 8th and 9th grade. She's pretty dang funny, too (scrunchies for sale?). So, here you go, Lis:

I had to take the letters of my middle name and use words to describe me.

A--AFFABLE: Here's dictionary.com's definition:
1. pleasantly easy to approach and to talk to; friendly; cordial; warmly polite: an affable and courteous gentleman
(woman for me).
2. showing warmth and friendliness; benign; pleasant: an affable smile.

When I am out and about people are not shy to talk to me. I like to think that is is because I'm affable. Usually they are just commenting on my beautiful children, especially Little man's eyelashes. However, I like to think they feel they can approach me because I walk around town with a smile on my face (unless my kids are being super crazy).

N--NOT NAUGHTY: I hate breaking the rules. I can't even handle it when S. pays the money on a toll road, but still makes the buzzer go off because he went too fast through it. I try to do all in my power so the lifeguards don't blow their whistle at me even though I am twice their age--why would I even care? I hate when I get chastised for doing something I shouldn't. Oh, and on a side note: I can't take criticism very well.

N--NOISY: It has been said that I am the noisiest of the Atk girls. S. likes to especially shush me when I'm on the telephone. And I apparently laugh loud.

We finally got a new camera. Ours died and that's why I haven't posted here or on my flog. Look forward to some pics of the growing (but not sleeping well) baby and some grub.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Whoa! We're going on 20 years now! And BTW--you must not have had on your cute brown glasses when we were in junior high so as to have missed seeing my awkward stage!! At any rate, you made me feel good. Let's just say I'm having my awkward stage now: lifeless hair, post-baby gut, very un-pedicured toenails...

Tracie said...

OK, so all of those were right on. Especially the loud laugh part. But it's my favorite laugh on the planet...infectious. Oh, and BTW, I had to do one of these for my first name in 8th grade, and I put "erotic" for E. I think I thought it meant smart. I take pride in my unique ability to embarrass myself. I could write a book of experiences.

Carrie said...

Good job on your adjectives! Accurate on all of them:)
Can't wait to visit with you guys! Put that new camera to work! When is your utah trip? I come july 16- for a few weeks...I hopre we don't miss each other!