Last weekend S. and I took our first vacation ALONE since Boo was born--yes, that is four years! We had been planning on Spain, but S. needed a new passport and we knew it wouldn't arrive in time. The next idea was Puerto Rico or the D.R., but with hurricane season in full force we decided not to risk it. In the end we decided to go to Chincoteague, VA and use the money we would have used to go to Spain or P.R. to go to Disney World in a couple of weeks with the kids.
It was so fun to get away with S. and not think about who was watching the kids! Why have we not done this before? Oh, we were poor students.
- Breakfast at our Bed and Breakfast, The Watson House
- Riding the waves (we went to the beach 4 separate times in two days!! Oh the speed without kids!)
- Hairspray Movie (okay, maybe not a highlight for S.)
- Biking to the beach (first time I've gotten on a bike in 15 years--no joke. I was a little chicken riding on the road. Besides, it was a HUGE bike. I felt like Kermit in the Muppet Movie)
- Shopping--me getting a really pretty necklace on shells
- Dinner (okay, the food STUNK--who gives you instant mashed potatoes for a $22 meal?!?!?, but it was fun to be with Sam. We actually had lunch at Central before we headed out of town on Friday--it made up for it--soooooo good)
- Putt Putting (S. BARELY beat me. But, I got a hole in one, and he didn't).
- Going up the Lighthouse (I have a fear of heights which S. finds extremely humorous. He doesn't get how I can picture myself falling out of the lighthouse with no opening ).
The kids did great while we were away, except for the fact that Boo woke up a couple times the first night due to the chiming of the Grandfather clock at my parents' house. We did get a warm greeting from the munchkins when we picked them up.
I'd be up for another get-away soon!