Friday, April 24, 2009

REALLY?!?!?


And this is the portion of my blog called, "REALLY?" (From Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update).

We went to the park today. Little man got out of the car with 5 Thomas the Tank Engine trains unbeknownst to me.  REALLY?  We stay for 1 1/2 hours. As we are getting in the car he tells me he needs to get his trains. REALLY? He informs me he brought the 5 trains on the playground. REALLY? So when a little girl asked me if some trains were mine they REALLY were? You left them near the slide? REALLY?

We go back to search the playground. We search for 30 minutes, ask some moms if they have seen them, but no luck. REALLY? Some parent let their child STEAL someone's Thomas Trains? Because surely they aren't anyone's. REALLY? What kind of parent/Nanny would let their kid go home with 5 THOMAS TRAINS, in good condition, which clearly weren't left out in the rain we had yesterday. REALLY?!?! Are we teaching our 2 year-olds to STEAL (it was during school hours, so no big kids were even there)??!?!?!  REALLY?!?!  I mean, "Finders Keepers" at 2?  REALLY??!!?  Are you blaming your lack of honesty on the ECONOMY, too?  "If the kid has 5 Thomas trains they must be rich, they won't miss them."  

I'm going back after naps to post a "LOST" sign.  Although, I really wanted to write "STOLEN" or even "TAKEN."  Because you don't ACCIDENTALLY take FIVE THOMAS TRAINS.  

Sorry.  I just had to vent.  The corruption in this world.  

9 comments:

Sam said...

Great, now I have to work even longer hours to but new Thomas trains. Hahaha.

Sam said...

buy

Becky said...

Ridiculous! That would really irk me, too!

Laurel Nelson said...

Oh that stinks!!!! Were they the wooden ones or the Take Along Thomas trains that are metal and don't cost as much? I hope they were the take along THomas's - those you could get more of pretty easily, but those wooden ones are a racket. I'm so sorry they were taken! Which ones had he brought?

Unknown said...

REALLY??!! Oh, that would just send me OVER THE TOP! Mostly because Owen would be following me around the house for the next 27 days asking, "WHERE Thomas go, Mom? Where Thomas go Mom--Find my Thomas??" We would not function well without them. I would have to go sell my plasma (ring a bell) or something to buy him a whole new slew of trains...Hope someone fesses up and brings them back to the park at least for you to find!

Tracie said...

They stole them to sell them on the black market. Those things are worth more than our 401 K! I'm sorry for your loss (and I mean that in a funeral kind of way.)

Adrianne said...

Maybe you can rebuy your own trains back off craigslist this week. hee hee. That stinks. People are terds, no question they're gone forever. I too am sorry for your loss but take comfort in hearing that someone else's son can't leave the house without an army of toys. We nearly miss the buss every day b/c Ry has to bring along his swords.

Carrie said...

Great post jules! Love the snl take on it...i laugh a lot at that skit:) Hopefully the parent didn't notice the extra trains til they got home and once they see your sign, they'll willingly bring them back, with their child to teach the kid a lesson and be a good example!

Really!

Miss M said...

Really?!

Sheesh.